Thursday, March 13, 2014

Some Serious Frozen - Inspired Snowflake Paper Making

After we finished watching Disney's Frozen (Miara's favorite movie, as of now), I thought it would be perfect as a theme for my daughter's first birthday party. I really like the idea of DIY making for her party. In my thoughts, she's just a baby and won't really remember her first birthday party, right? I won't invest so much on the decorations or even hiring party planners. Now, I came up with the idea of doing my own decoration, PAPER SNOWFLAKES! What's a frozen-themed party without snowflakes?! Even though, we're here in the Philippines, a tropical country, I will really push through this kind of winter-frozen-themed party.



I got these awesome, How to make paper snowflakes and templates from Disney.


My sisters, Rejeen, 12, and Marielle, 9,  helped me do it. It is really nice that I always have my sisters at my back who always supports me in everything I do. This is also a nice activity for them to enjoy and to harness their skills and creativity.


And this is the awesome outcome of our teamwork! Not bad for us first-timers! We are thinking of adding colors and glitters to it to feel the "snowy" and "queeny "vibe.


By the time Miara turns 1, I'll blog right away to show you all her DIY frozen-themed birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is a huge honor if you comment here,
Although it looks a little bare,
It would look pretty,
With all the thoughts you want to share.